Science at Farringdon Community Academy
In today’s and tomorrow’s world understanding science and scientific writing is more essential than at any other period in history. Science enables pupils to make sense of events and phenomena happening around them and to formulate their own personal informed decisions.
With these issues in mind the aims of the Farringdon Community AcademyScience Department are:
- To maintain and stimulate student curiosity, interest and enjoyment of science
- To equip students with the scientific knowledge, principles and vocabulary needed to succeed
- To ensure students see the value of scientific skills and knowledge in other areas of life
- To enable students to work safely both as part of a team and independently
- To use teaching methods and resources in science which will allow every student to experience success and enjoyment
- To make students aware of the importance of science both past and present for individuals, communities and the environment
- To allow students to form opinions and support them with evidence and reasoned argument.
- To develop a range of desirable personal qualities such as politeness, perseverance, concern for others, initiative and independence.
KS3 Science Curriculum (pdf)
KS4 Course plans
2016-17 Y10 BIOLOGY Course Plan Parents (pdf)