BBC News Report 2014 - Community

A community centre which had become too dangerous to stay open has been saved after a donation of £10,000 paid for roof repairs and a new heating system.

Washington Village Community Association was forced to stop its toddler groups and youth sessions after the ceiling at the village hall fell into disrepair.  A spokeswoman for the Asda Foundation said: “This is a centre in the heart of the community and is used by a number of different groups including dance classes, fitness groups and mother and toddler groups. The centre has been around for many years and needed work to bring them up to date with health and safety regulations. This is what the Asda Foundation donation of £10,000 has paid for.”

EU e-Privacy Directive

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

You have declined cookies. This decision can be reversed.

You have allowed cookies to be placed on your computer. This decision can be reversed.