Farringdon Community Academy works to build positive relationships with local business and employers within our local community
Our enterprise advisor, Rob Dodds, from Unipres works to enhance our curriculum and enrichment programme, and to secure work placements for our year 10 cohort. From the academic year 2021/2022 the academy will hold a business breakfast to share our vision and careers programme with local business’ and to build further contacts within the community.
- Boost young people’s understanding of jobs and careers
- Broadening and raising career aspirations and supporting young people to make decisions on what to study, where to study, and how hard to study. The future talent for local employers!
- Providing the knowledge and skills demanded by the contemporary labour market
- Helping young people to build the employability skills that modern workplaces need for their business to thrive.
- Providing the knowledge and skills demanded for successful school-to-work transitions
- Giving young people relevant work experiences as well as practical insights into how recruitment processes work and contemporary workplaces operate.
- Enriching education and underpinning pupil attainment
- Using employers to support teaching resources for the classroom and helping young people to see the connection between what they learn at school and employment outcomes
- 4 or more encounters with employers means young people will go on to earn more and have less chance of becoming NEET
If you would like to discuss the possibility of working in partnership to support our young people please contact Mr Roberts, Careers Leader.
We work closely with our Alumni to share their journey and inspire (more coming soon)